Bill Miller, Owner & Builder
Bill was born and raised in Warren, Ohio and went on to graduate from the University of Georgia with a BBA in Real Estate and Urban Development. After 3 years of residential and commercial real estate sales and 3 years in corporate multi-family communities property management, he relocated to Florida and worked in the home-building industry for 20 years before settling in the beautiful mountains of western North Carolina in 2007. He is the husband of Kelly, a Physical Therapist Assistant and father of 23 year old daughter Madison who is living in Bradenton, FL while pursuing a degree and certification as a Dental Hygienist. Bill is an active member of Biltmore Church in Arden where he has served as an Usher and Deacon over the past 12 years. He is an avid golfer, but also enjoys biking and hiking when away from his favorite passion which is working directly with and on behalf of his clients to help make their new home-building, addition or remodeling dreams a reality.
– 3 years of Residential & Light Commercial Real Estate Sales & Leasing in Georgia & Ohio.
– 3 years Multi-family Apartment Communities Management in Florida starting with one year in the Lakeland market with 250+ units under direct management; one year later later progressing to the regional management level in the Orlando market overseeing 5 apartment communities totaling 800+ units through 5 on-site managers and 15+ employees support staffs.
– 32+ years of consecutive home-building industry experience including:
– 14 years of Corporate production home-building management in Florida with companies including General Homes and Centex Homes. Both of these companies were Texas based national home-builders. Served in various positions including 2 years of direct on-site construction management supervision to 12 years of various corporate Operations to Division level management positions with multiple direct reports and partial to full P&L responsibilities.
A summary listing of responsibilities at different times during this period included staff interviews and hiring, creation of employee performance evaluations systems and effective workload standards, trade and supplier procurement, pricing and contract negotiation, workload scheduling and quality control management systems.
Also directed oversight of new home plans development, standard features and construction specifications determination, best practices construction methods, purchasing & estimating programs, new home plans development for community specific product line offerings and price points, standard features and product/material specifications, standard options determination and pricing strategies, competitive market studies, financial pro-forma creation and analysis, sales and marketing program administration and customer service and warranty program oversight.
Initially responsible for personal management and supervision of the construction and delivery of 125 homes; later progressed through various corporate level managerial positions to achieve the sale, construction and closing of an additional 1,900 +/- homes during corporate home-building career.
– 7 years as Owner/Builder of custom home-building company in west central Florida market. Operated as William Allan Homes, Inc. (based upon my first & middle name)
- Successfully built 14 custom homes and completed 10 residential addition and/or remodeling projects. Completed several light commercial up-fit projects for IBM’s regional corporate offices in Tampa.
– 5 years experience building high-end custom homes in Western North Carolina from 2007-2012 while working as a Project Manager for a local area premier custom home builder.
- Completed 4 high-end custom home projects with a combined contract value in excess of $11,000,000.
7+ years self-employed as Owner of Carolina Heritage Builders. Successfully completed multiple projects in Haywood, Jackson, Buncombe and Henderson counties. These projects encompass custom residential, home addition, and interior/exterior remodeling and renovation projects. Also completed a light commercial project involving partial existing structure demolition, extensive new addition and full scale interior build out of a functioning Dentist office.
– Licensed as a State Certified Residential & General Contractor in Florida since 1990.
– Licensed as a Real Estate Sales Associate in Florida since 1994.
– Incorporated in North Carolina as Owner of Carolina Heritage Builders, Inc., Waynesville North Carolina, October 2012. (Disclaimer: No affiliation with a prior company out of Matthews-Indian Trail, NC that operated under this same corporate name from April 2004 until that company was dissolved in July 2009.)
– Licensed as a North Carolina General Contractor-Unlimited Classification January 2013. License # 72574.
Promote an interesting, informative, enjoyable and personally rewarding overall building experience for Client & Builder.
Achieve the end result of a mutually beneficial Builder-Client relationship with the Owner’s expectations having been met in every meaningful way.